Monday, March 16, 2009

First- Let me say Stacie- you bite!! It will be about 15 weeks until time to go to visit ya'll in Va Beach and you are going to Alabama in 37 days - man that sucks. Well, Friday was a rough day!! Friday marked one year since my friend and co-worker Lisa Stafford died. It is hard to believe it has been a year --- myself and a couple of the girls from the office went to her gravesite as lunchtime. We all miss her so much!! She was only 36 and left behind two beautiful children. I checked on her widower and he was picking the kids up form school Friday and heading to Myrtle Beach with them for the weekend. Johnathon is 12 and Abby is 10. Abby still refers to Lisa in present tense. They are doing as well as they can I guess. Today, My Hardy would have been 83 years old- he went to heaven on December 30, 2008, although he was not my real father- he was the only father I really knew and he was certainly more of a father than anyone had been. He was very special and I miss him immensely. My friend in Cary was in a very bad car accident last Tuesday and is in the hospital- they had to cut her out of the vehicle. She was by herself-thank GOD!! She had been on the way to pick up her two children Callie age 4 and Jackson age 4 months from the babysitters. She has broken leg bones, arm bones, vertebrae, metal rods and pins etc. Please keep her in your prayers. It also has rained all weekend!!! UGH!! At least it is staying a little warmer now and after today they are saying the rest of the week will be nice!! Finally!! Looking forward to some nice weather and sunshine. I am going to the fat doctor this evening- gotta get rid of some of this weight I guess before summer comes. Not that I will EVER wear a bikini again. Hee Hee. I am soooo enjoying blogging and have such a blast reading Wacies Way, the pink clutch, Misadventures of a Newlywed, Clemsongirl and the coach, A southern Accent, and Another online Mom- if you know of any others I might like- let me know:) Well, hopefully all my friends' children are on the mend- there has been so much sickness-flu, stomach bug, etc. By the way the town of Spruce Pine is no longer a dry county!! They voted in alcohol-the churches here are having a field day!! TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah to no more dry county!! Woo Hoo!! Heather, I'm glad you like blogging!!! Isn't it cool?!! Next, will be the "Twitter."

    ReplyDelete