Tuesday, March 10, 2009

gonna be another pretty day today in the mountainland. About 64 ish-take that Angel!! Don't get too excited though- supposed to get rain and or snow and cooler temps by the weekend!! I WANT SPRING!! Roxy is at the vet-say a prayer!! Big vote today in Spruce Pine NC town limits- alcohol!! Only town limit residents can vote. That leaves me out. I am very conflicted about the vote. Anyone who knows me knows I love my wine!! It is already available here at the golf course (at a huge markup) because of the resort status (being so close to the blue ridge Parkway and all) but, some of the locals want to be able to get tax revenue from the sales- the vote is for beer, wine, spirits, liqour by the drink and an ABC store-Hah! We are already having a problem here with the illegal mexicans (they are in the arrest report in our paper every week with DUI, no lis., no regisatration, yadayadayada......) Unfortunately, working in the health care field, I see a lot and I feel at this point the bigger issue is the drug problem with our youth as well as adults and it is not just the illegal ones-it is prescription drugs too- a lot of fatal OD's in our teens lately!! I have looked in the bible and although I am aware the wine in those times was not fermented probably- it does say in the bible to take wine for your stomachs sake!! Say a prayer- not sure where this needs to go. We have such a problem with no jobs and no income in some that I fear having alcohol more readily available up here will further exacerbate the problem. I heard on the news last night that there are a lot more cases of child abuse in the
ER's around Western NC and it is attributed directly to the stress and frustration of the loss of jobs and income. The economy has got to get better-Pray for jobs!! My friend Angel in Texas last her job a year ago and now has a home based business selling Silpada jewelry!! If anyone is interested- let me know!! They have some beautiful pieces!! So much for my ramblings for now gotta get some work done:)

No comments:

Post a Comment